The following is SAMBRA's mandate as a community society:
- facilitate communication between the Comox Valley Regional District and members of our community;
- monitor and promote understanding, adherence to, and support of our Local Area Plan and relevant laws and regulations;
- facilitate stewardship of beaches and the entire waterfront contained in the Local Area Plan;
- facilitate stewardship of community and regional parks and associated facilities within our local area;
- monitor property development activities within our local area and facilitate public communication relating to these activities; and
- promote the creation and stewardship of a variety of community assets including the following; particularly, as they related to the Local Area Plan:
- parks and greenways,
- sensitive habitat,
- bicycle paths,
- recycling centres,
- beach access,
- parking and traffic control,
- public toilets,
- public waters supply and quality,
- storm water management,
- light pollution control,
- community planning resources, and
- indigenous wildlife and their habitat.
MeetingsWhen held, SAMBRA meetings take place at the Oyster River Fire Hall, 2214 Catherwood Road, from 7:00-8:30 PM, on the second Tuesday of the month.
Next Meeting: To be announced.